Friday, February 24, 2006

Excuses for calling in sick

When asked to share the most unusual excuses workers gave for missing work, hiring managers shared some of their favorite examples:

  • "I'm too drunk to drive to work."
  • "I accidentally flushed my keys down the toilet."
  • "I had to help deliver a baby on my way to work." (Employee was not in the medical profession.)
  • "I accidentally drove through the automatic garage door before it opened."
  • "My boyfriend's snake got loose and I'm afraid to leave the bedroom until he gets home."
  • "I'm too fat to get into my work pants."
  • "God didn't wake me." (Employee didn't believe in alarm clocks and thought a higher power would wake her when she was ready.)
  • "I cut my fingernails too short, they're bleeding and I have to go to the doctor."
  • "The ghosts in my house kept me up all night."
  • "I forgot I was getting married today."
  • "My cow bit me."
  • "My son accidentally fell asleep next to wet cement in our backyard. His foot fell in and we can't get it out."
  • "I was watching a guy fixing a septic pump, fell in the hole and hurt myself."
  • "I was walking my dog and slipped on a toad in my driveway and hurt my back."
  • "My house lock jammed, and I'm locked in."
  • From MSN Careers Articles and Advice

    via

    No comments: