Friday, January 12, 2007

Ice Storm Predicted

DSC01685 (Small)This picture was taken about one month ago during the early stages of our first ice storm.  They are predicting another, possibly worse, ice storm this weekend.  They’re saying that we could get anywhere from 1/4 inch to 1 and 1/2 inches of ice by Sunday night.  If it hits as bad as they say it might, they’re expecting large scale power outages. 

We’re supposed to get on a plane tomorrow midday for a 3 day trip to Florida.  That doesn’t appear too likely at this point. 

I’ll post tomorrow morning (Saturday) before I leave… if I leave…  if I have power.

So if you don’t see me for a while it’s because I’ve lost power…. or else I’m having a grand old time in sunny… warm… Florida.  One extreme or the other.

UPDATE:   Survived the first wave of ice without losing power.  There are more than 100,000 people who aren’t as fortunate this morning.  More ice is expected later today and tomorrow.  But hopefully I’ll be in sunny… warm… Florida.  That’s assuming my plane can get off the ground.

1 comment:

SPK said...

I've been reading your blog for 2-3 weeks and I'm addicted!

I know it's a lot of work to get great content, and I just wanted to say thanks and great job!