Monday, June 11, 2007

A blind man

Animated_blind_man_hg_clrA blind man walks into a little restaurant & sits down. The owner, walks up to him & hands him a menu.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I am blind & can't read the menu. Just bring me a fork used by a previous customer. I'll smell it & order from there."

A little confused, the owner walks over to the dirty dish pile & picks up a greasy fork. He returns to the man's table & hands it to him. The blind man puts the fork to his nose & takes in a deep breath. 


"Ah,yes, that's what I'll have--meatloaf & mashed potatoes."

Unbelievable, the owner thinks as he walks towards the kitchen & tells his
wife Gladys, the cook, what just happened. The blind man eats & leaves.  Several days later, the blind man returns & the owner mistakenly brings him a menu again.

"Sir, remember me? I'm the blind man."

"I'm sorry! I didn't recognize you. I'll go get you a fork."

The owner retrieves a dirty fork and brings it to the blind man. After another deep breath, the blind man says, "That smells great. I'll take the macaroni & cheese with broccoli."

Walking away in disbelief, the owner thinks the blind man is screwing around

with him & tells his wife Gladys that the next time the blind man comes in he's going to test him.

He returns the following week, but this time the owner sees him coming & runs to the kitchen. He tells his wife, "Gladys, rub this fork on your panties before I take it to the blind man." Gladys complies & hands her husband the fork.

As the blind man walks in & sits down, the owner is ready & waiting. "Good afternoon, sir, this time I remembered you & I have your fork ready for you."

The blind man puts the fork to his nose, sniffs, & says, "Hey, I didn't know Gladys worked here!"


Thanks Joe P

No comments: