Monday, April 23, 2007

An elderly pair


An elderly pair (he a widower, she a widow) meet in a retirement village. They seem to hit it off; they share each other's values, enjoy the same jokes, and find pleasure in each other's company.

 
After a few months, the widower asks for the hand of the widow in marriage. She appears hesitant and decided to probe her soon-to-be a little.

 
"Perhaps I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but... How's your health?"

 
"It's OK", he answers. "I'm not getting any younger, but I don't have any major health problems. I can still enjoy life."

 
"Well, then," she replies. "I don't want to be a snoop, but I've got to protect myself, how are you fixed financially?"

 
"So-so. I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable. You don't have to worry about me sponging off you; I can support myself."

 
The little old lady blushes, and finally asks her swain, "And how's your sex life?"

 
"Infrequently." he declares.

 
The widow ponders this for a moment or so, before asking, "And is that one word or two?"

 

Thanks Rich

No comments: