Saturday, August 27, 2005
Here are the top ten according to MTV and Rolling Stone Magazine:
- 01 The Beatles - yesterday (WMA Download)
02 Rolling Stones - Satisfaction (WMA Download)
03 Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (WMA Download)
04 Madonna - Like A Virgin (WMA Download)
05 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (WMA Download)
06 the Beatles-I Want To Hold Your Hand (WMA Download)
07 Aretha Franklin - Respect (WMA Download)
08 U2 - With or Without You (WMA Download)
09 the Jackson - I Want You Back (WMA Download)
10 Backstreet boys - I Want It That Way (WMA Download)
Here is the complete 100 song list and free download links.
via The Presurfer
Posted 10:25 AM
According to the September 2004 issue of Maxim Magazine, the best BBQ sandwich can be had in my home town, St. Louis MO, at C&K Barbecue. I’ll check it out and report back later.
The Combo ($5.35)
C&K Barbecue, St. Louis, Missouri
In this tiny BBQ shack on a lonely stretch of I-70, the Brantley family bakes pig snout until it’s good and crunchy, then they simmer rib tips and plop it all on Wonder Bread. In Barbershop Cedric the Entertainer informs his boys that they haven’t had good BBQ till they’ve had C&K. He’s right. A sign reads, THE SECRET’S IN THE SAUCE. We agree, and we’re not ashamed to say it! (4390 Jennings Station Rd., 314-385-8100)
Check out Maxim’s Top 10 Meat Hogs
via J-Walk Blog
Posted 10:03 AM
My friend's sister has been known to dip raw hot dogs into chocolate shell and eat them after they have been refrigerated.
My own sister loves icing and will eat it plain and warm. At one point we caught her with a tub of icing she had been keeping under her bed for four monthes and was still eating out of!
When I was a kid I had a friend that ate mustard on everything: ice cream, jello and other oddities. But the grossest thing was waterbugs... she'd dip um in the mustard and crunch um... yuck! Thats how I remember her name.
Sunflower Worcestershire Delight
My husband used to eat this as a snack all of the time. He would take unhulled sunflower seeds, drench them in Worcestershire sause and then sprinkle garlic salt on it for some added flavoring. He had to eat it up before his mom found out, though, she thought it was too gross.
My friends mom has always been "unique" in general, so it didn't surpise me that she enjoys putting slices of chedder cheese in her morning coffee. When the coffee is gone, she slurps down the glob of melted cheese.
Rocky Mountain Oysters
I grew up in Wyoming. We were at a restaurant one day ( I was like 10) and my father orders a plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters. Now, ladies and gentlemen, these are NOT real oysters. Of course, I didn't know what they were, so when the plate of deep-fried things came out (they look kind of like chicken tenders) I dug right in. After I'd eaten like 5 of them (they do taste kind of like chicken) my father tells me what they really are. This could only happen in Wyoming. Rocky Mountain Oysters are deep-fried bull testicles. Ew. Even though I like the way they taste, I can never quite get passed that.
A really great dish, actually: Make a couple of pancakes with Bisquick or whatever. Put a slice of any cheese in between (make sure it melts well) -- then cover the whole deal with a decent spaghetti sauce.
Like a lot of the stuff on the list, it's really not as weird as it seems.
Hot & Sour Shake
1. You need hot peppers (what kind doesn't matter), half a dozen cups of lemon juice, 1/2 a cup of hot sauce, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a cup of milk.
2. Chop hot peppers before putting in blender.
3. Put ingedients in blender until smooth.
Fried calms and a hot fudge sundae, clams, sundae; clams, sundae. It still sounds strange, even to me and I've been enjoying it for years.
My Dad demands to eat his cherry cobbler mixed with his Pinto beans.
He says it's delicious. He grosses us OUT! That's it.
I get cravings for peanut butter, mayonnaise and bacon sandwiches every now and again. I also enjoy going to Wendy's and ordering french-fries and a chocolate milkshake, and dipping the fries into the drink. When I get in this kind of mood, my friends ask me if I'm pregnant!!
1 can of Spam
1 tin of anchovies
2 12oz cans of beer
4 oz tomato juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup chopped up parsley
1/4 cup chopped scallions
dash of Tabasco
salt (if you'd need it), pepper to taste
put it in blender and blend until smooth
serve chilled with celery stick
For more check out Utterly Outrageous Recipes
via J-Walk Blog
Posted 9:56 AM
Worlds Hotttest Sauce Registered at 7.1 Million Scoville Units.
On the heat scale: Off The Chart (855,000+ Scoville units)
"I have just received The Source Hot Sauce. I have tried it for the first time, and I have one thing to say: WOW! Even one drop may be too much for a lot Of people. This stuff is unbelievably, wayyyy-too hot! Hehe, I love it!!!" — Kenneth
And it’s on sale for $79.99 for a 1 ounce bottle
Get it at Original Juan Specialty Foods
via J-Walk blog
Posted 9:25 AM
Friday, August 26, 2005
Here are a few:
- Mama Get The Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)
- She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger
- Guess My Eyes Were Bigger Than My Heart
- If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You
- Thanks To The Cathouse, I'm In The Doghouse With You
- You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
- Get Your Tongue Out Of My Mouth, Because I'm Kissing You Goodbye
- I Fell In A Pile Of You And Got Love All Over Me
- I've Been Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart
- I Would Have Wrote You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yuck!
- How Come Your Dog Don't Bite Nobody But Me?
via Harris Online
Posted 5:19 PM
- Rabbit ears
- Cassette, 8–Track, reel to reel tape recorders
- Coffee cans with keys
- Roller skates with keys to adjust the size
- Metal ice cube trays
- Eagle Stamps
- S&H Green Stamps
- Postage stamps you lick
- Cotton diapers
- Metal keys for hotel rooms
- Typing paper (It’s called printer paper now)
- Carbon paper
- Mimeograph machines and that smelly fluid
- Prince Albert tobacco in a can
- Floppy disks
- Dot matrix printers
- Gas stations with rubber hose that dings when you drive over it
- Drive-In theaters
- Lawn Darts (Jarts)
- Rotary dial phones
- Free glasses with a fill-up at the gas station
- Gasoline at 30 cents a gallon
- Film strips at school
- Part lines (on your phone)
- Smoking in public places (OK by me)
- 8mm movie film
- 45 RPM records
- All vinyl records… albums too
- Rotary TV channel changers
- Wired television remote
- Air was free at the gas station
- Flash bulbs and flash cubes
- Instamatic cameras
- going to the library to use the encyclopedias
- Soda in glass bottles
- Soda bottle deposits
- Soda pop tops that came off when you pulled them
- Milk in glass bottles
- Meeting someone at their airport gate
- $2 bills
- Window cranks in your car
- Penny candy
- They threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed. . and they did
- Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside the box
- Getting your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped, without asking, all for free, every time
- Ladies nylons that came in two pieces
- Going to the movies for a quarter… and seeing two movies
- Ugly girl’s gymsuits at school (the suits were ugly not the girls)
I could go on and on…. and I just might.
Inspired by article on Harris Online
Posted 5:12 PM
Most students entering college this fall were born in 1987. Here is part of the Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2009. These fine young folks:
Andy Warhol, Liberace, Jackie Gleason, and Lee Marvin have always been dead.
- They don't remember when "cut and paste" involved scissors.
Pay-Per-View television has always been an option.
- They are more familiar with Greg Gumbel than with Bryant Gumbel.
- Voice mail has always been available.
- They may have fallen asleep playing with their Gameboys in the crib.
- Bill Gates has always been worth at least a billion dollars.
- American Motors has never existed.
- They never saw the shuttle Challenger fly.
- They never saw Pat Sajak or Arsenio Hall host a late night television show.
Black Americans have always been known as African-Americans.
- Digital cameras have always existed.
CNBC has always been on the air.
Entertainment Weekly has always been on the newsstand.
- Jimmy Carter has always been an elder statesman.
- America's Funniest Home Videos has always been on television.
- Lever has always been looking for 2000 parts to clean.
via Harris Online
Posted 4:54 PM
Dog Umbrellas are also available with its matching People Umbrella.
Dog Umbrellas are also available with its matching People Umbrella.
Only $16.99 (This is legit.)
Get one for your spoiled rotten dog here.
Wanna throw more money away? Send me a check.
Posted 4:24 PM
Do you have what it takes to stand with the big boys?
This urinal configuration is in a sample men’s room. A red stick man standing at the urinal indicates that that position is occupied. You are to identify correctly, based on urinal etiquette, at which stall you are to stand. Good Luck!
Posted 4:02 PM
Which came first — the chicken or the egg?
The question has a reputation for being difficult, perhaps even impossible, to answer. Philosophers treat it as a conundrum. But in the hands of an experimental scientist, the question is simple and straightforward, and the answer is easily obtained.
I doubt that I am the first to solve the chicken-and-egg problem, but a search of the scientific literature turned up surprisingly few accounts — none, in fact — of previous work. Here, then, is an account of my work on what turns out to be a trivial question.
How the Problem was Solved
Which came first — the chicken of the egg? I tackled the question experimentally, using a chicken, an egg, and the United States Postal Service (USPS).
I mailed the chicken and the egg, each in its own separate packaging, and kept careful track of when each shipment was sent from a post office in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and when it subsequently arrived at its intended destination in New York City.
Details of this experiment are here.
Posted 3:52 PM
Here are just a few:
1. When a ship sinks, women (and children) get off first.
7. Women live longer than men.
10. Women mature earlier than men (some men never mature at all).
14. Women know the truth about whether size matters...
19. Women can be groupies. Male groupies are stalkers.
27. Women know who their children are without having a DNA test.
32. Women can get drunk quicker and cheaper than men.
via Coolio’s Weblog
Posted 3:33 PM
These are but a couple examples of the things that were posted on the Endgadget BBS (way before the internet) back in August of 1985.
Te Apple Lisa was renamed the Macintosh XL. It didn’t go over well at all. My recollection was that it sold for about $4,000. But it was cool at the time.
The Nokia Mobira Talkman weighted in at a mere 11 pounds.
Grolier’s Encyclopedia was the first commercial CD-Rom software available.
More recollections await you at Edgadget.
via Coolio’s Weblog
Posted 3:16 PM
Thursday, August 25, 2005
An exciting research has found that women who go topless can live longer than the rest. According to the research, women can add 10, 20, up to 30 years to their lives, depending on how frequently and for what duration of time they uncover their breasts.
For their employees to live longer, companies may now consider amending their dress code.
Read more about bare boobies here.
Posted 11:44 AM
Bush’s obscene tirades rattle White House aides
Article by Doug Thompson
While President George W. Bush travels around the country in a last-ditch effort to sell his Iraq war, White House aides scramble frantically behind the scenes to hide the dark mood of an increasingly angry leader who unleashes obscenity-filled outbursts at anyone who dares disagree with him.
“I’m not meeting again with that goddamned bitch,” Bush screamed at aides who suggested he meet again with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother whose son died in Iraq. “She can go to hell as far as I’m concerned!”
Bush, administration aides confide, frequently explodes into tirades over those who protest the war, calling them “motherfucking traitors.” He reportedly was so upset over Veterans of Foreign Wars members who wore “bullshit protectors” over their ears during his speech to their annual convention that he told aides to “tell those VFW assholes that I’ll never speak to them again is they can’t keep their members under control.”
Read more on Bush’s temper tantrums at Capitol Hill Blue.
There's quite a bit of obscene language in this article -- which would be a lot more believable if Thompson provided a source other than "administration aides." Then he goes into the old recovering alcoholic thing and speculates that Bush may be drinking again.
There are lots of things to criticize in the current administration. Why does Doug Thompson bother writing an article with no facts to back it up?
I blogged it becuase I think the picture is great.
via J-Walk blog
Posted 10:42 AM
What happens when the title of a hit movie doesn't conform to AP style?
That question was answered in recent days when newspapers started reviewing and writing about the new box office hit whose official name is "The 40 Year-Old Virgin." Of course, as any reporter or editor worth his or her salt knows, there should be a hyphen between 40 and Year. As it reads now, it's almost as if the movie is about 40 virgins who are still toddlers (not exactly unusual).
I didn’t catch that…but I’m rarely grammatically correct anyway.
Posted 10:31 AM
Everything you ever wanted to know about cooking chicken:
- A thin membrane between the skin and the flesh holds moisture in the meat while keeping the fat out. So, remove the skin from the chicken after cooking instead of before to get a juicy flavor with less fat.
- White meat is lower in fat and calories than leg meat, but skinless leg meat is still lower in fat than some cuts of red meat. Also, leg meat supplies more iron than white meat and often provides more flavor.
- Darkening around the bone is from natural pigment that seeps through the bone during cooking. It contains iron and is safe to eat.
- Refrigerate fresh chicken in its original package on a low shelf, in a cold part of the refrigerator, for up to 2 days. Freeze uncooked chicken if it will not be used within that time. Use a refrigerator and freezer thermometer.
- For extra protection, place chicken in a plastic bag to separate it from other foods and to prevent it from dripping onto other items in the refrigerator.
- When freezing, wrap parts separately in foil or other freezer wrap. This makes it easy to defrost only the amount you need. Proper wrapping prevents "freezer burn," which results from contact with air.
- Wrap cooked chicken well before storing in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Boneless, skinless thighs work well with quick, low-fat cooking methods such as stir-frying and grilling. They also are suitable for dishes with long cooking times, as leg meat does not dry out as quickly as white meat.
- Use a nonstick pan or cooking spray instead of adding fat to prevent sticking.
- To add flavor, rub chicken parts with ground spices and herbs or marinate before cooking. Be sure to discard the marinade or boil for at least 1 minute before serving with the cooked chicken.
- Chicken parts can be roasted, baked, oven-fried or grilled, preferably on a rack to allow fat to drip off the chicken during cooking.
- Use skinless parts in casseroles for added flavor with little fat.
- When grilling chicken, think thighs. These pieces contain a little more fat than the white meat, making them better able to withstand the intense heat of the grill. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
- Microwave cooking can be used in conjunction with grilling. Raise the temperature of chicken in the microwave until juices are flowing from the meat, and then transfer to the grill to complete the cooking process.
- The internal temperature should reach 180 degrees for whole chickens or leg meat parts. If you do not have a meat thermometer, cook the stuffing separately. To check for doneness without a thermometer, pierce the thickest part of the chicken with a fork. It should feel tender and juices should run clear
Posted 10:26 AM
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
April 20, 2005—Making his public debut last week at the Bristol Zoo Gardens, Kintana is the United Kingdom's first captive-bred aye-aye lemur—and only the second in history to be reared by humans (his mother wasn't very motherly).
Even at this tender age, Kintana brandishes outlandish adaptations for survival in lemurs' only native home, the African island of Madagascar. In the forest the aye-aye's batlike ears can detect insect larvae squirming inside trees. A bark-breaking bite from tough incisors and a subsequent probe with a long, bony second digit seals the meal.
That adaptation is more curse than blessing for some of these tree dwellers, which are beaten by Madagascan villagers who see the crooked claw as a harbinger of death. Farmers too get their licks, persecuting the world's largest nocturnal primates for their night raids on sweet crops like coconuts and sugarcane. Also, some Madagascans hunt the 4.5-pound (2-kilogram) aye-ayes for their meat.
But the aye-aye's greatest threat is deforestation, which is largely responsible for its listing as endangered on the World Conservation Union's Red List of Threatened Species—and which may one day make captive births crucial to the species's survival.
Posted 3:26 PM
SARANAC, N.Y. (AP) - A 43-year-old North Country man has made the Guinness Book of World Records in a new entry for the longest eyebrow hair.
Frank Ames of Saranac in Clinton County measured in at 3.78 inches or nearly eight centimeters.
"I don't know why it grows like that; it just always has," Ames told the Press-Republican of Plattsburgh.
Ames's journey toward notoriety began almost two years ago when a co-worker at Bombardier Corp. noticed the bushy brow and suggested he try for a record. Ames then decided to go for it, but discovered that no such category existed. So, he made a phone call to Guiness and was sent a bunch of forms to fill out and rules for officially getting recognized.
Ken Joy, a machinist and measuring expert at Bombardier, measured the hair in February 2004 with Plattsburgh Mayor Daniel Stewart and the city's entire Common Council standing by as witnesses.
Now, Ames is on page 24 of the 2006 edition, in the "Body Parts" section.
via Look at this
Posted 3:19 PM
I’m glad you asked:
The WCS (Waste Collection System) consists of a commode, urinal, fan separators, odor and bacteria filter, vacuum vent quick disconnect and waste collection system controls. The commode contains a single multilayer hydrophobic porous bag liner for collecting and storing solid waste. When the commode is in use, it is pressurized, and transport air flow is provided by the fan separator. When the commode is not in use, it is depressurized for solid waste drying and deactivation. The urinal is essentially a funnel attached to a hose and provides the capability to collect and transport liquid waste to the waste water tank. The fan separator provides transport air flow for the liquid. The fan separators separate the waste liquid from the air flow. The liquid is drawn off to the waste water tank, and the air returns to the crew cabin through the odor and bacteria filter. The filter removes odors and bacteria from the air that returns to the cabin. The vacuum quick disconnect is used to vent liquid directly overboard from equipment connected to the quick disconnect through the vacuum line.
The urinal can accommodate both males and females. The urinal assembly is a flexible hose with attachable funnels for males or females. It can be used in a standing position or can be attached to the commode by a pivoting mounting bracket for use in a sitting position.
All waste collection system gases are ducted from the fan separator into the odor and bacteria filter and then mixed with cabin air. The filter can be removed for in-flight replacement.
via New links
Posted 3:11 PM
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
1 in 88,000 of being killed in a terrorist attack.
1 in 55 million of dying in a firey plane crash.
1 in 55,928 chance of death by getting stuck by lightning.
1 in 20,605 in your clothes igniting.
1 in 10,455 of dying in your bathtub.
1 in 10,010 by falling from a ladder or scaffolding.
1 in 9,396 due to excessive heat.1 in 8,389 due to excessive cold.
1 in 7,972 in a drowning accident.
1 in 6,842 in a railway accident.
Our men and women in uniform stand a 1 in 207,261 chance of dying in operations of war.
More on these odds and what to do about them here.
Posted 7:52 PM
John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!" That won him the top prize for the best toast of the night! He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of the night." She said, "Aye, what was your toast?" John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife." "Oh that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said. The next day, Mary ran into one of John's toasting buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize, the other night, with a toast about you, Mary." She said, "Aye and I was a bit surprised me self! You know, he's only been there twice! Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come." Thanks Cousin Phyllis
John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!"
That won him the top prize for the best toast of the night! He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of the night."
She said, "Aye, what was your toast?"
John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."
"Oh that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.
The next day, Mary ran into one of John's toasting buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize, the other night, with a toast about you, Mary."
She said, "Aye and I was a bit surprised me self! You know, he's only been there twice! Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come."
Thanks Cousin Phyllis
Posted 4:20 PM
The Turd Twister is a complete kit for shaping your turd into amazing designs, and it comes with a hilarious instruction manual. It's the Ultimate Gift for the person who has everything, including a "twisted" sense of humor!
The Turd Twister is designed to fit comfortably up your butt during your morning constitutional. Insert the Extruder Ring, hold it tenderly between your butt cheeks, and let nature take its course. Now you can take advantage of sophisticated Turd Twister extrusion technology to craft incredible excremental designs whenever you like!
Only $9.95 at TurdTwister.com
Posted 2:43 PM
At one time, however, it also included five larger denominations. Shown here is a $100,000 Gold certificate from 1934. High-denomination currency was prevalent from the very beginning of U.S. Government issue (1861). $500, $1,000, and $5,000 interest bearing notes were issued in 1861, and $10,000 gold certificates arrived in 1865. There are many different designs and types of high-denomination notes.
The high-denomination bills were issued in a small size in 1928, along with the $1 through $100 denominations. Their designs were as follows:
- $500 bill: featured a portrait of William McKinley
- $1,000 bill: featured a portrait of Grover Cleveland
- $5,000 bill: featured a portrait of James Madison
- $10,000 bill: featured a portrait of Salmon P. Chase
- $100,000 bill: featured a portrait of Woodrow Wilson
via Look at this
Posted 2:37 PM
Where does fart gas come from?
The gas in our intestines comes from several sources: air we swallow, gas seeping into our intestines from our blood, gas produced by chemical reactions in our guts, and gas produced by bacteria living in our guts.
What makes farts stink?
The odor of farts comes from small amounts of hydrogen sulfide gas and mercaptans in the mixture. These compounds contain sulfur. Nitrogen-rich compounds such as skatole and indole also add to the stench of farts. The more sulfur-rich your diet, the more sulfides and mercaptans will be produced by the bacteria in your guts, and the more your farts will stink. Foods such as cauliflower, eggs and meat are notorious for producing smelly farts, whereas beans produce large amounts of not particularly stinky farts.
Why do farts make noise?
The sounds are produced by vibrations of the anal opening. Sounds depend on the velocity of expulsion of the gas and the tightness of the sphincter muscles of the anus. Contrary to a popular misconception, fart noise is not generated by the flapping of the butt cheeks. You can see proof of this in the close-up video footage of Carl Plant's fart on Mate-in-a-State .
How much gas does a normal person pass per day?
On average, a person produces about half a liter of fart gas per day, distributed over an average of about fourteen daily farts. Whereas it may be difficult for you to determine your daily flatus volume, you can certainly keep track of your daily numerical fart count. You might try this as a science fair project: Keep a journal of everything you eat and a count of your farts. You might make a note of the potency of their odor as well. See if you can discover a relationship between what you eat, how much you fart, and how much they smell.
More Fart Facts.
via Look at this
Posted 2:27 PM
Ultra-sensitive breath tests aim to identify disease
Dr. Michael Phillips is shown with a breath collecting device at his office. By Mike Derer, AP
They now can help determine if a heart transplant is being rejected and potentially will cut down on the number of biopsies transplant patients must endure.
The new test was developed by a New Jersey researcher, Dr. Michael Phillips, who expects his patient-friendly method will one day be used to detect lung cancer, breast cancer, kidney disease and diabetes.
And one day, he hopes, giving a breath sample will be as common as a blood or urine test.
more at USAToday.
via New Links
Posted 1:59 PM
Swaziland's King Mswati III has ended a five-year sex ban he imposed on the kingdom's teenage girls a year early.
The girls have had to wear large woollen tassels as a sign of their chastity since 2001.
The sex ban was imposed to fight the spread of HIV/Aids. About 40% of the population are HIV positive.
In 2001, the king fined himself a cow for breaking the ban by marrying again, but he could choose another wife at the annual reed dance this weekend.
In the two-day ceremony bare-breasted girls will dance before the monarch.
King Mswati transgressed the ban when he took a 17-year-old girl as his ninth wife just two months after imposing the sex ban in September 2001, sparking unprecedented protests by Swazi women outside the royal palace.
Meanwhile, the health ministry has released new figures which show that 29% of Swazis aged 15-19 are HIV positive.
For pregnant women, the figures were 42%.
There is more on this at BBC News.
via New links
Posted 1:53 PM
Enjoy your favorite faces and their precious voices with each passing hour!
Personalize this wall clock with photos and custom recordings for each hour. Record a grandchild's first words or a close friend's greeting. (If no message is recorded, clock will announce the hour instead.)
Hey, it beats listening to a ding dong evey hour…. or does it?
Only $32.95. Full details here.
via J-Walk blog
Posted 1:47 PM
Here are just a few:
- French fries probably originated in Belgium, and have nothing particularly French about them.
- Head cheese is not cheese, but a terrine made from the meat of a calf or pig's head (in England called brawn)
- Rocky Mountain oysters, also known as "prairie oysters", are not oysters, nor are they from the Rocky Mountains, particularly. They are calf's or bull's testicles, which some people consider to be a delicacy.
- Elephant ears is a sweet fried-dough dish which contains no elephant parts.
- Bear claws are sweet pastries which resemble a bear's claws.
- Hamburgers do not contain ham, nor do they originate from Hamburg.
- Grape-nuts cereal — no grapes and no nuts, ever.
- Spotted dick is not a sexually transmitted disease, but in fact a steamed suet pudding containing currants, popular in the United Kingdom.
Click here for more misleading food names.
via J-Walk blog
Posted 1:29 PM
This truck ran into the back of a grain truck and flipped it over spilling 12,000 pounds of corn all over the highway and sending this truck across the median, down through a ditch filled with 2 feet of water, then up the other side of the highway to rest on a cable. The Missouri State Highway Patrol had the highway shut down for almost 3 hours dealing with this accident. I got the call and they explained that they thought the trucks involved in the accident were too big for me to handle but the highway was blocked and was there any way I could assist. As everyone knows; I have big giant balls!!! and am always up for a challenge.To make a long story short, I retreived this cable truck that was way too heavy for me to handle. You should have seen the State Troopers faces when I stood my truck up on the side of the highway while loading this thing. They all just about shit!!! Drive Careful -TommyThanks Tommy
Posted 5:42 AM
Monday, August 22, 2005
Elvis Presley’s granddaughter…that’s right, Lisa Marie’s daughter, Riley Keough is a model. The 16 year old is the face of Christian Dior's Miss Dior Ch?rie perfume. The scent, which was launched this summer and retails for $65 and $85 at Saks Fifth Avenue, counts Julia Stiles, Emmy Rossum and Marcia Cross among its fans.
She’s also appeared on a Vogue cover with her mom and grandma Pricilla.
via robot wisdom
Posted 11:31 AM