Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The hospital patient

Sick-hospital-image2A frail woman with a sweet voice telephoned the hospital and timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said, "I'll be glad to help dear. What's the name and room number?"

The woman in her weak tremulous voice said, "Holly Finkel, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me check. …. Oh, good news.  Her records say that Holly is doing very well.  Her blood pressure is fine;  her blood work just came back as normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged Tuesday."
 
The woman said, "Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried!   God bless you for the good news!

The operator replied, "You're more than welcome.   Is Holly your daughter?"

The woman said, "No,   I'm Holly Finkel in 302.   No one around here tells me #%@*

Thanks Phyllis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm i don't know about america, but this sounds very unlikely, what with patient doctor confidentiality and all.......

Anonymous said...

ITS A F###ing Joke you moron