Saturday, January 26, 2008

A snag in the process.....

Well, the moving truck ran off the road.   After finally finding a way to convert the old posts, I ran into a brick wall on the move.  With more than half of the posts converted to the new site, it just stopped working.  Apparently, the conversion method I was using (a plugin for WordPress) was really screwing up the fine folks at the hosting service.  WordPress’s built-in import feature just didn’t work for me.   I don’t know if it’s becuase of the size of the site or what.


So now my account is “suspended” cause I’ve been a bad boy, screwing up their servers.  I put a call in to tech support (that’s how I learned the above), and now we’re exchanging emails trying to get the account unsuspended.  I don’t have any more time to work on this today…… but will be back on it first thing tomorrow.


Stay tuned…..

10 comments:

SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Just hang in there. I've heard giving birth is painful.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog, I hope you solve the problems soon!!!

Greetings!
..a reader from Chile

Lake Effect said...

You have a lot of silent admirers out here in cyberville. Your site is my number 2 stop each day (after the news headlines) and I look forward to you finding your new 'home'. But I'm patient, and I know you have a real life too. Good luck, and when you need us all to stop over to the new place for a 'housewarming', just give a shout and we'll be there. (Do we have to BYOB?)

Anonymous said...

go go go go just like the pariots can make it to the world series i am sure we make it over this bump in the road

if you get that

Anonymous said...

Well - if your going to mess up, mess up big. :) That would be my luck. (Actually, my luck is a blog that no one visits)

Looking forward to your getting back on line.

alilbit said...

You are getting closer sounds like~I have patience but still excited about your progress.

Anonymous said...

O Fortune, like the moon of ever changing state, you are always waxing or waning; hateful life now is brutal, now pampers our feelings with its game; poverty, power, it melts them like ice.

Fate, savage and empty, you are a turning wheel, your position is uncertain, your favour is idle and always likely to disappear; covered in shadows and veiled you bear upon me too; now my back is naked through the sport of your wickedness.

The chance of prosperity and of virtue is not now mine; whether willing or not, a man is always liable for Fortune's service. At this hour without delay touch the strings! Because through luck she lays low the brave, all join with me in lamentation!


I thought this process could use a soundtrack.

Take Care,
Mike Firesmith

Anonymous said...

I don't know what part of the world that you are from Mike Firesmith, or what side of the brain, you use. I do know that you are quite the character and also give me a belly laugh with your antics.

Anonymous said...

I have my moments, yes.

I think don't think I use any particular part of my brain just.....bits and pieces.

Take Care,
Mike Firesmith

Anonymous said...

I'm unclear on what host you're using, but I'm with BlueHost and I can't make WordPress work and I even bought the BOOK! ("WordPress For Dummies")

Now my email doesn't work and I never know where I'm going to show up on the internet.

Good luck to you, great blog, I love it!

ChewMouse