Thursday, August 16, 2007

My new ride

Ultra Classic (Small)I bought a new motorcycle today in Port Charlotte FL.  It’s a Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide.  Now I have to get it home to St. Louis.   It was quite a feat getting rid of my rental car and getting to the Black Widow Harley dealer in Port Charlotte.  My plan is to hit the road very early tomorrow morning for the 1100 mile ride.  I didn’t even bring any jeans or long pants with me when I flew down.  Nor did I bring a helmet.  So I had to do some quick shopping for the basics.


I knew I was going to look at some bikes and knew it was possible if I found the right one at the right price, but I really didn’t think it would happen.  We’re planning a trip to South Dakota a week from Saturday, so if I was going to get a new bike, I needed to do it soon.  I really didn’t want to ride my Sportster all that way.


I’ve put 24 miles on it this evening.   I think I’ll do a little better than that tomorrow.  I burned my leg twice already on the tailpipe.  I don’t recommend riding in shorts.


So, I don't think I’ll be posting much the next couple of days, but if I get into a hotel that has wireless access, and if I’m not completely wore out I’ll try to post something.


Y’all be careful out there…. I know I will.


 


 

15 comments:

WifeMotherMe said...

Have a safe trip home! Don't forget on your drive out to put on sunscreen in the morning.

Jonco said...

Yes Mom. Will do.
Thanks

Jonco

Tim Streisel said...

allRIGHT!

Your gonna love the ultra after a sporty. FLH's ROCK!

Mind the break in procedure.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Get some leather leggings!! Better to wear hot leather than be a skin smear on the road. and don't forget the do rag.

Keith said...

Congratulations! Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the new ride!

Anonymous said...

Are you selling the Sportster? If so, how much? Bob Dinkins

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride! You lucky devil you :-)

Hey I was wonderin'....along with the possibility of burning your legs from wearing shorts, might you collect flies in them too?

Hee hee he...just wonderin'!

Have a SAFE and wonderful trip back home!

Mike S said...

Great ride. As a former biker (sidelined by physical deterioration) who put over 400K on a 1968 Glide, I know you'll love the step up. Have a safe trip!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Cool ride!

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Reallll nice!

Anonymous said...

¡Enhorabuena¡ Que la disfrute mucho

Aitarak said...

Nice bike!
Drive safe!

- PRT -

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Very neat ride.