I want to thank all the Bits & Pieces readers and those who comment on the posts…especially the clever ones. I wish I could think as well as some of you when I’m coming up with captions. I want to especially thank all the people who publish posts on their websites where I
steal borrow the material I use. If they didn’t do the hard work I wouldn’t have anything to post… except more pictures of my motorcycle rides.
We’re approaching 3.9 million hits on Bits & Pieces. That alone is just unbelievable to me. I sincerely thank you.
I’m going to a new Years Eve party tonight that is featuring Tom Hemby with a local band – Triple Play. He and the band leader are lifelong friends. Mr Hemby, an acoustic guitarist, is a Grammy winner and has four Dove Awards. I’m looking forward to his music…. and the rest of the band.
I hope you all have a safe and fun New Years Eve. I’ll be back “next year” with more Bits & Pieces. Happy New Year!
A few things from the regulars:
Americans love lists…
Reuters Pictures of the Year 2007
Top 10 movies of 2007 (Time)
Best 19 movies you didn’t see in 2007 (He’s right, I didn’t see any of them)
The Top Ten Stories You Missed in 2007
Biggest assholes of 2007 by Bill Maher
Watch the ball drop on the Times Square Webcam
Maxim Magazine’s Top 10 best and worst things to happen to men in 2007
Top 30 best blogs of 2007 (Bits & Pieces is nowhere to be found in this list)
Top 10 quotes of 2007
According to Fred R. Shapiro, the editor of the Yale Book of Quotations.
1. "Don't Tase me, bro." -- Andrew Meyer
2. "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us." -- Lauren Upton
3. "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country." -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
4. "That's some nappy-headed hos there." -- Don Imus
5. I don't recall." -- Alberto Gonzales
6. "There's only three things he (Rudy Giuliani) mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11." -- Joseph Biden
7. "I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Dick Cheney) who has a 9 percent approval rating." -- Harry Reid
8. "(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom." -- Larry Craig
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." -- Joe Biden
10. "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history." -- Jimmy Carter
Get button here
Happy New Year!