Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Blind woman regains sight after heart attack

From the news.telegraph:

Nblind25A woman who had been blind for 25 years awoke in hospital after suffering a heart attack and found that she could see again.

Since 1979, Joyce Urch had lived in a world of shadows and near-darkness, but was astonished to find her sight restored when she came round after being resuscitated.

 
 
 

Doctors have been unable to explain what happened, but Mrs Urch, 74, was happy yesterday to put it down to a "miracle".

She said: "When I first came round I just opened my eyes and shouted, 'I can see, I can see.' When I looked in the mirror I said, 'Oh.' I said to [her husband] Eric, 'You've got older haven't you?' But I thought, 'I'm old myself, my husband must be too.'

"The first time you look in the mirror you look at yourself and think, 'Is that really me?' But a lot of things have changed."

Read more.

via

No comments: