Monday, January 23, 2006

They all vote

Headless-voter-ipm_220-thumbHere is some food for thought--all true!!!

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying:

"Free to good home. You want it, you take it". For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided that people were too untrusting of this deal. It looked to good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: "Fridge for sale $50". The next day someone stole it.

Caution! . . . . . . . . . . . .These people Vote

============================================================
While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?"

When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, (and has for sometime), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff"

. . . . . . . .She ALSO votes!

================================================

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?"   Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific"

. . . . . He ALSO votes!

================================================

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving"

. . . . . . . . . She ALSO votes!

================================================

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk

.  . .My sister ALSO votes!  (Something my Ex-wife would do)

================================================

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount

. . . . . . .He ALSO votes!

================================================

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned

. . . . . . . . . . . My friend ALSO votes!

================================================
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me,  "has your plane arrived yet? "

. . . . . . . . . . SHE ALSO votes!

================================================

While working at a Pizza Parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He though about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6

. . . . .Yep, he votes too.

================================================

Now you know who elects the politicians !

Thanks Phyllis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh.... but for whom do they vote? Basically, half the stupid people vote for one candidate, half for the other. So the caiddates are elected by the people dumb enough to be swayed by the multi-billion dollar advertising campaigns.

So the party with the most donations gets elected. Welcome to America.

Now go home. :-)

Anonymous said...

Half the americans are below average when it comes to how smart they are. If they are devided wisely that is exactly how many voters George Bush needs. There is no other way he can get elected!