Thursday, January 26, 2006

Doctors embarrassing moments

DoctorA man comes into the ER and yells, "My wife's going to have her baby in the cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's --Dress, and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs, and I was in the wrong one.
--Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Antonio, TX

At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall.  Big breaths," I
instructed. Yes, they used to be," remorsefully replied the patient.
--Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle, W

One day I had to be the bearerof bad news when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a "massive internal fart."
--Dr. Susan Steinberg, Manitoba, Canada

I was performing a complete physical, including the visual acuity test. I placed the patient twenty feet from the chart and began, "Cover your right eye with your hand." He read the 20/20 line perfectly. Now your left."  Again, a flawless read Now both," I requested. There was silence. He couldn't even read the large E on the top line. I turned and discovered that he had done exactly what I had asked; he was standing there with both his eyes covered I was laughing too hard to finish the exam.
--Dr. Matthew Theodropolous, Worcester, MA

During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his medications. Which one?" I asked. The patch. The nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running out of places to put it!" I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn't see Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body! Now the instructions include removal of the old patch before applying a new one.
--Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Norfolk, VA

While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked, "How long have you been bed-ridden?"  After a look of complete confusion she answered .  Why, not for about twenty years -- when my husband was alive."
--Dr. Steven Swanson, Corvallis, OR

I was caring for a woman from Kentucky and asked, So, how's your breakfast this morning?" It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly I can't seem to get used to the taste," the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly."
--Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit, MI

A new, young MD doing his residency in OB was quite embarrassed performing female pelvic exams. To cover his embarrassment he had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly.  The middle aged lady upon whom he was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassed him. He looked up from his work and sheepishly said, "I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?"
She replied, "No doctor, but the song you were whistling was 'I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener."
--won't admit his name

Thanks Phyllis

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would I do if any of these things happened to me? I would probley turn very, very, very red and run away from the problem. I couldn't deal with it. I would literally cry somebody a river, and be as red as a lobster.

Anonymous said...

The one about the doctor and running out to the cab- if you ever read this, I pity you enormously. I'm so sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

Doctors who posted their embarassing stories-

I am so, so sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

wow,
i feel bad for you guys.
hahahhahahha

Anonymous said...

and that is why i want to be a dentist

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty awesome and funny!!!

Anonymous said...

and i thought doctors were supposed to be smart

Anonymous said...

stupidiodo

Anonymous said...

hehe...sorry..cudnt help that...i feel for u guys

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! if that ever happend to me i'd die!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

ohh boyy. you doctors. hahaha. sorry for your embarassment..ahh the cab one was great. that sucks thoughh :/

Anonymous said...

This would be funny if true. These are all old jokes I have heard over the span of my life.