Sunday, March 19, 2006

The perfect quarterback

LionsPlayer1The coach had put together the perfect team for the Detroit Lions, save a great quarterback. He scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues without success.

Then one night on CNN he sees a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In the background, he spots a young Afghan Muslim soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a window from 80 yards away. Then he threw another from 50 yards down a chimney, and then hit a passing car going 80 miles per hour.

So, the coach brings the young Afghan to the States and teaches him the great game of football. Sure enough, the Lions win the Super Bowl.

After the bowl, the elated quarterback telephones his mother: "Mom, I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman says. "You deserted us. You are not my son!"

"Mother, I don't think you understand," pleads the son, "I've just won the greatest sporting event in the world!"

"No! let me tell you," his mother retorts. "At this very moment there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

"I will never forgive you for making us move to Detroit".

Thanks Joe E

No comments: