Saturday, January 19, 2008

The astonishing history of vibrators

Big o100 years ago women went doctors to experience the big “O”


Mention vibrators, and most people think of women's sexual pleasure.  But that was the furthest thing from the minds of the male doctors who invented them more than a century ago. They were more interested in a labor-saving device to spare their own hands the fatigue caused by treating "female hysteria." This condition involved a number of vague, chronic complaints in adult women, including: anxiety, sleeplessness, irritability, nervousness, erotic fantasies, and moisture inside the vagina. Female hysteria was actually women's sexual frustration. The history of vibrators is a strange tale that provides insights into both the history of sex toys, and cultural notions about women's sexuality.


Read more of this interesting article


via

5 comments:

Contrariwise said...

I can't decide whether you intentionally misspelled the title of this post, or if it was a Freudian slip.

Jonco said...

That was not intentional. I'm not sure what that means, butt it was a mistake. :-)
Jonco

Contrariwise said...

Jon,
Come on. No use beating around the bush, we know you meant it on purpose.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penis Enlargement said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.