Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Two line rhymes

Romantic? YES and NO


These are entries in a Washington Post competition asking for a two line rhyme with the most romantic first line and the least romantic second line.



My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you screwed up my life.

I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming.

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not.

Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only slept with you 'cause I was pissed.

I thought that I could love no other --
that is until I met your brother.

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so Are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead,the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

I want to feel your sweet embrace;
But don't take that paper bag off your face.

I love your smile, your face, and your eyes -
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way?

My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "Go to hell."

What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime.


Thanks Sandra R

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roamntic? Or Romantic? ; )

Slavenka said...

In vino veritas

Anonymous said...

Your love for me mounts everyday,
While I just wish you'ld go away.

Anonymous said...

just one more. . .


Would that we were two hearts, entwined;
But my heart's not the twining kind.

Anonymous said...

just one more more -

Everyday I prove my love for you,
The same way geeks prove 1 is 2.